Tea Party Command Center

The United Auto Workers lost its bid to organize workers at a Volkswagen AG (VOW) factory in Tennessee, a setback in its effort to gain a foothold in the U.S. South and a victory for Republicans who urged voting against the union.

In balloting at the Chattanooga facility that ended last night, 712 workers opposed being represented by the UAW with 626 voting to join, the UAW announced. Politicians and outside groups had waged a campaign against the UAW, warning employees that a vote for the union would bring Detroit’s economic woes to Chattanooga and discourage investment in the state.

The UAW has been rebuffed in efforts to recruit in the South at foreign automakers, known as transplants, or domestic manufacturers that set up shop to take advantage of tax breaks, non-union labor and easy access to U.S. markets. The loss underscores a decline for unions, said Gary Chaison, a labor law professor at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts.

read more:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-15/uaw-fails-to-unionize-volk...

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bravo Tennesee!

Help promote "REAL ECONOMIC RECOVERY" demand the Right to Work for all states!!!!!

I was a manager for 40yrs for a truck manufacturer. I had to deal with and negogiate with the UAW for all of those yrs.  Those people at that plant have no idea how much misery they just saved themselves. 

The VW management thought they could work with the UAW because they work well with their German unions. My company was also European owned. They thought the same thing. Their is no union in Europe as cancerous to an organization as the UAW. The primary reason for this boils down to this; the Euro unions genuinely care about the success of the company and will work with them to solve tough problems. The UAW on the other hand, is a parasite that feeds of the host untill the host dies and then tries to move on to infect another organizatiion.

UAW NEEDS to Stay out of AUTO Makers Business NOW!! They are CORRUPT!! KEEP POLITICS out of BUSINESSES NOW, they have NO RIGHT to TELL them What to DO!!

This COMMUNISM / MARXISM / NAZISM of these DemocRATS!!!

I own a 2010 Volkswagen Jetta SEL loaded with more than the newer models!!  So, I am STICKING my TONGUE OUT at the POLITICIANS and the UAW :P :P

( Das Auto -The Car )

Keep up the Great Work Volkswagen in Tennessee!! 

Kristie dear the UAW are THE AUTO MAKERS of America ! That is what happened to our auto industry !

my wife works for ATT joined the union against my advice, then found that the union was taking her money and doing nothing but pushing for more union dues she dropped her membership

hummm imagine that

I was a plant manager for an electronics manufacturing company in Puerto Rico a few years ago. We had 300 employees, mostly young ladies ranging from 18 to 25 years old.  The Steelworkers Union promised these venerable young ladies that the union would double their wages along with numerous other benefits such as 3 and 4 weeks paid vacation. So they were successfully in unionizing the operation.

I spent nearly a year trying to negotiate with them through numerous wildcat strikes and other threats of work stoppage they took control of the work force. We lost all flexibility in our work force and faced a 50% wage and benefits increase.  The operation was no longer able to show a profit due to the increase in operating costs.  Six months later we shut down the entire operation putting the whole work force out of a job.

That is my experience with the UAW. They are a parasite.

Unions would die off if they weren't being protected by unfair labor laws in states that require "closed shops".  If every state were a "right to work" state, many of these corrupt unions with their fat cat politically connected leaders, would either disappear or become irrelevant.

RSS

TEA PARTY PROJECTS

© 2014   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service